Wednesday 24 March 2010

Life: Good Mistakes

I think I have done something good but bad.
Something that stands in the middle.
I do not know how to put it into words.
Anyhow, what I means by this is that I have done some good mistakes in my marriage.

Firstly, I have unintentionally blunted my husband cooking skills . He admits it. Back in college, he used to be a good cook. What do I mean by good cook is that he can prepare decent Malay dishes. Name it, from scezhuan chicken, chicken curry, chicken kurma to sate..all could be prepared by him easily..And he was consistent in terms of cooking frequency in a week. But, that era has passed. Since we got married, no no..since we MOVE to the State, he seldom get his hands on the raw chicken or even blending the onion. I'm not complaining by the way. I know he has no time to do this and since I'm around, it is my duty to prepare the meal for the entire house. But it is ironic on how people can change over time and how someone can be so dependent on you. What would happen when you wont be around anymore? Will he get back in the kitchen or will he get someone else to replace you? hmmmmmm...I opt not for the number 2..ahahhahaha.... Anyhow, I'm doing a good job right for making my husband looses his cooking skill.

Secondly, I can't remember when was his last time making the bed voluntarily..I repeat voluntarily. Hmm pretty sure it was long time ago..Oppsss...i cant blame him coz i will always be the last person to get up in the morning..kikiki. yeah yeah..zara wake up ealier than me :P

Hmm, there are more things that my hubby and I have changed over time. We always compensate with each other. For example, I hate to do laundry eventhough I know it's easy..just load them in the washer and push the button. That's it. But the fact that I have to go down to the basement just make me think twice. I would prefer to fold them though it takes longer time :P

So, what I am trying to convey here is that marriage does change people even a tiny part of your life!

1 comment: